After the chelsea lost their opening fixture of their title defence to burnley; antonio conte was forced to switch from his usual 3-4-3 formation to 3-5-2 away to tottenham in which the played with a little composure though tottenham were a bit wasteful upfront.
This formation was used by antonio conte’s ITALY team in the last euros and it is such the players sits and wait for opponents to attack, then on gaining control of the ball, hit them on a fast counter attack
Upon switching to this formation, we will be analysing those players who will be benefiting hugely from this new formation while others will try to adapt
- ALVARO MORATA: Though he yet to prove himself as a prolific striker in the formation due to lack of sufficient services from the middle men there and his supporting striker.
- EDEN HAZARD: A fast and pacy player who can dribble and calls 2-3 opponents player to himself to create space for supporting players to be free
- PEDRO: This formation requires the speed of this player to quickly catch opponents unaware of the existence of this formation. when those up long passes are sent in., you can trust Pedro to be on the usain bolt run
- DAVID LUIS: A long passer and speedy player who can catch defender unaware with the up long passes
- ALONSO: Call on him on the right wing free-kick and he is ready to deliver. though as a wing back, his crosses are yet to connect to the striker but his trick runs can be deceiving
- KANTE: His intelligent and technical ways of stopping the attack of opponents will be required to stop the attack and deliver the balls.