Owing to the fact that Nigeria is has qualified for the last two world cup then one can conclude that qualifying for the next world will be a dream made reality.
As it stands now, Nigeria are on the verge of qualifying for the world cup but after following the qualifying groups matches that Nigeria has played, I will like to draw our attention to five(5) key points on the super eagles place, position in the world cup come next year.
My main focus will be the match, players, tactics, formation utilize in the match between Nigeria and Cameroon. No doubts that this will probably be the team that will be representing Nigeria in the world cup if no injuries attained but will be entrusting that the coach will have an extra eyes on the strikers position.
- Fast thinking of No. 1: The 3rd choice display an excellent performance conceding just one goal in his 1st two appearances for the team. He’s always off his line to jump and catch those up area balls and always position himself. His intelligent instinct will be needed in the world cup
- Quick eye on the ball movement of No. 5 and 6: I can’t figure out an instinct in the match that these tough tackling defenders missed the ball. They were excellent and superb. They are always ready to clear and cut out attacking passes. One thing I will also like to point out is that these duo are always confidence on the ball
- Switch of play of No. 10, 12 and 17: When one have these sets of players shielding one’s defense, then the joy is that when the team is the verge of attacking or defensing, they are not far from each other so all spaces between the middle for the opponents threat will be cut out in response creating more spaces for the teams to quickly swift attack into defense. Though their main duty is to protect the defense but the most goals and assist is from their zone
- Magical combination of No. 9, 10, and 11: The question is that what do these guys bring to the team and the answer is EXPEREIENCE and CALMNESS of the team. They are readily available to play along with their team mates
- Pace of No. 11 and 15: One will ask why Nigeria won the first leg by 4-0 and I will answer by saying it was the utilization of the pace of these duo wingers. One dependable talents of a football team is when the teams has a pacey wingers who are ready to fight and defend the ball. These lads were also outstanding